NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
Camp Breakaway is a registered service provider for participants in the NDIS.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the NDIS?
The NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) - previously called DisabilityCare will mean support services are no longer rationed and care is focused on the family and the community needs. The NDIS is:
- A lifetime approach, supporting people as needs change.
- Changing the power of control and enabling those with disabilities and their families the ability to choose how, where and when support is provided.
- Promoting social and community participation.
- Early intervention, meaning we are not waiting for a crisis.
- Who is eligible?
People eligible include:
- Those aged up to 65 years.
- Those with a permanent, significant disability who need assistance with communication, mobility, self-care and self-management.
- Those with Autism, ABI, Cerebral Palsy and sensory impairments.
- Those attempting to delay deterioration of conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's.
- Do I need to manage my package?
No, if you don't want to manage your own money or supports, you can:
- Nominate someone else.
- Choose a registered plan management provider.
- Choose the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency) to manage it for you.
- What happens to my existing supports?
When meeting with NDIA to make your support plan, they will ask you about your existing supports and whether you wish to retain these or not. You may choose to stay with your existing support provider, choose a different one or even look for additional supports that maybe required.
- Can I choose my own carers?
Depending on the supports you require, you may:
- Choose to be an employer and hire your own staff.
- Choose an organisation that may or may not allow you to choose your support staff.
- Will I still receive respite?
Your existing supports will be reviewed when your plan is created to determine the right balance of supports. Your new plan may not actually refer to the term 'respite'; but rather the things you may do whilst at respite. This may include things like 'community inclusion' or 'overnight assistance'.
- When will I transition to the NDIS?
When you transition to the NDIS will depend on where you live and your current supports. For more information, click here
- How can Camp Breakaway help me?
- We can provide a break that aligns with your individual NDIS plan and life goals.
- Camp Breakaway is happy to answer any questions that you may have about the NDIS and how it may affect you.
- Why does Camp Breakaway exist?
To enhance the lives of people with disabilities and their families/carers by providing a unique break and individualised supports from a dedicated team, who are passionate about what they do.
- Who does Camp Breakaway help?
Camp Breakaway has been helping children and adults with disabilities and their families/carers for over 30 years.
- What does Camp Breakaway do?
Camp Breakaway provides respite camps, which include assistance with daily activities and personal care plus encouraged social inclusion. Camp Breakaway also offer individual support and emergency respite care options.
- Where is Camp Breakaway located?
Camp Breakaway is located in San Remo on the Central Coast of NSW - halfway between Hornsby (Sydney) and Newcastle.
- How much does it cost to come to Camp Breakaway?
It depends on support requirements and needs. Please contact us directly. We can then provide a quote based on the information received.
For further information, simply contact Darren Kelly at Camp Breakaway. Telephone: (02) 4390 7624 - Email: email@example.com