Children with Disabilities
Camp Breakaway currently holds two of these camps each year.
Up to 16 children attend each camp.
These three-day weekend camps provide respite for children with physical disabilities.
We have a small army of dedicated volunteers who make these camps a reality.
- To provide fun by providing new, exciting and interactive activities and entertainment.
- To increase self-esteem and confidence in abilities.
- To give the child with the disability a chance to mix with other children in a similar situation, which often leads to the formation of friendships that continue after the camp ends.
- To create opportunities for volunteers to make a meaningful contribution to their community.
- To allow parents and siblings to have some much-needed time-out.
Children's activities include; a disco, a reptile show, cooking fun, drumming, sports, the Liberty Swing and a wide range of games.