NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
Camp Breakaway is a registered service provider for participants in the NDIS.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the NDIS?
The NDIS, previously called DisabilityCare, provides unrationed services and focuses care on family and community needs. The NDIS:
- Offers a lifetime approach, supporting people as needs change.
- Enables those with disabilities and their families to choose how, where, and when to get support.
- Promotes social and community participation.
- Provides early intervention without waiting for a crisis.
- Who is eligible?
People eligible include:
- Those aged up to 65 years
- Those with a permanent, significant disability who need assistance with communication, mobility, self-care and self-management
- Those with autism, ABI, cerebral palsy and sensory impairments
- Those attempting to delay conditions such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's
- Do I need to manage my package?
No, if you don't want to manage your own money or support, you can:
- Nominate someone else.
- Choose a registered plan management provider.
- Choose the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency) to manage it for you.
- What happens to my existing support?
When meeting with the NDIA to create your support plan, they will ask you about your existing supports and whether you wish to retain these or not. You may choose to stay with your current support provider, choose a different one or even look for additional support.
- Can I choose my carers?
Depending on the support you require, you may:
- Choose to be an employer and hire your staff.
- Choose an organisation that may or may not allow you to choose your support staff.
- Will I still receive respite?
Your new plan may not refer to the term 'respite' but rather the support like 'community inclusion', 'overnight assistance', etc.
- When will I transition to the NDIS?
When you transition to the NDIS will depend on where you live and your current support.
- How can Camp Breakaway help me?
- We can provide a break that aligns with your NDIS plan and life goals.
- We can answer any questions you have about the NDIS.
- Why does Camp Breakaway exist?
To enhance the lives of people with disabilities and their families/carers by providing a unique break and individualised support from a dedicated team, who are passionate about what they do.
- Who does Camp Breakaway help?
We help children and adults with disabilities and their families/carers.
- What does Camp Breakaway do?
We provide respite camps, which include assistance with daily activities and personal care plus encouraged social inclusion. We also offer individual support and emergency respite care options.
- Where is Camp Breakaway located?
Camp Breakaway is in San Remo on the Central Coast of NSW halfway between Hornsby (Sydney) and Newcastle.
- How much does it cost to come to Camp Breakaway?
It depends on support requirements and needs. Please contact us for a quote.